Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Rich Morin
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 docs
Date
List pgsql-docs
Tom Lane wrote:
>  Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>  > There used to be a whole lot of papers at Berkeley web site.
>
>  Still are.
>
>  http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/papers/

There is obviously no shortage of historic papers!  Would anyone here
like to see me publish one or more volumes of these papers?  I can
handle the production details, but I need a wish list of papers to
include and some help in contacting the owners of the articles.

Although USENIX is a conspicuous exception, many organizations and
institutions retain the rights to all material they publish.  Thus, it
is not necessarily the case that the author(s) can give permission for
a piece to be included in an anthology.  OTOH, if the author _wants_
the piece to be included, we have a fighting chance.

-r
--
email: rdm@cfcl.com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.